The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko is a national, chartered philanthropic institution dedicated to the preservation, promotion and development of the Ukranian Canadian cultural heritage and to the advancement of a flourishing Ukranian community for the enrichment of Canada by providing leadership in building and sustaining a permanent endowment fund.
The Ihnatowycz Family Foundation Arts Mentorship Award (‘the award’) is a strategic financial investment to propel the careers of practising artists, arts managers, and creators. Mentorships and residency programs will advance the applicant’s art or craft through experiences that are imaginative, interactive, and transformative.
The Arts Mentorship Award supports interdisciplinary, international, and intergenerational mentorship or residency programs for individuals in one or more of the following disciplines: visual arts, literary arts, performing arts, new media, and/or arts management.
Program Manager .2FTE
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director, the program manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders in managing, promoting and overseeing the Ihnatowycz Mentorship Award program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create a growing database with ultimate goal of creating a list of potential recipients and mentors, as well as organizations who would serve as a conduit to both
- Plan and develop a marketing campaign for the award, liaise with names and contacts on the database
- Monitor and track all interested individuals that apply for the award
- Promotes the award within and beyond the Shevchenko Foundation’s promotional materials in appropriate settings within approved budget
- Provide status reports on a quarterly basis
- Manage record keeping for all contacts-related correspondence and documentation
- Assists the office and adjudicating committee in managing the requirements of candidate applications
- Other related projects and activities as may be required by the Assistant Executive Director
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Disciplined self-starter who works effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Conscientious with a strong proficiency with attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient in basic application of Outlook, Word, and Excel, basic application of Word Press, Adobe Acrobat
How to apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter to Bohdana Bashuk, Assistant Executive Director- [email protected], by September 4, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.