The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko is a national, chartered philanthropic institution dedicated to the preservation, promotion and development of the Ukrainian Canadian cultural heritage and to the advancement of a flourishing Ukrainian community for the enrichment of Canada by providing leadership in building and sustaining a permanent endowment fund. Learn more about us at shevchenkofoundation.com
Due to an upcoming retirement, we are seeking a high energy, engaged leader to fill the position of:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the key management leader responsible for leading Shevchenko Foundation’s growth, increasing its impact and guiding its mission. Working with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director participates in setting the strategic direction and then developing and implementing activities to successfully achieve the defined strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will possess outcome-oriented nonprofit leadership experience that demonstrates a capacity to effectively lead while growing and sustaining a high level of collaboration, innovation and productivity.
As the Executive Director you will:
- Work with the Board of Directors in setting the strategic direction and then develop and implement activities to successfully achieve the defined strategic objectives;
- Manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of Shevchenko Foundation programs, activities and special projects and ensure the expectations of Donors, Funders and Board are met;
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and develop funding proposals to increase funds to Shevchenko Foundation;
- Oversee all Shevchenko Foundation financial and risk management activities including: overall financial planning, accounting practices and activities, maintenance of fiscal records and financial reports;
- Develop, implement and manage human resources strategies, practices and initiatives to foster and align with Shevchenko Foundation’s strategic plan and focus;
- Actively participate in professional and community organizations and represent Shevchenko Foundation at events and community activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary business degree or equivalent experience managing people and resources.
- Minimum five years management experience, preferably in the not for profit sector, with a demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meeting deadlines with attention to detail and
- Experience working within the Ukrainian Canadian community at a national level.
- Knowledge of current community opportunities and challenges relating to the mission and vision of Shevchenko Foundation.
- Fluency and proficiency in both English and Ukrainian languages.
- Proficiency in PC applications.
- Expert level of knowledge and skills in the following competencies:
- Leadership and strategic management
- Accounting, budgeting, financial statements and risk analysis
- Work planning and management
- Negotiation skills
- Project management and facilitation
How to apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter & salary expectations by February 1, 2019 to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.