The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko is a national, chartered philanthropic institution dedicated to the preservation, promotion and development of the Ukrainian Canadian cultural heritage and to the advancement of a flourishing Ukrainian community for the enrichment of Canada by providing leadership in building and sustaining a permanent endowment fund. Learn more about us at shevchenkofoundation.com
We are seeking a results driven communications professional with a demonstrated high standard of work excellence to fill the position of:
COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR
In addition to raising the profile of the Foundation through effective marketing and communications strategies, key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of an effective brand strategy.
- Developing both proactive and reactive strategies to enhance the Shevchenko Foundation’s reputation.
- Producing engaging content for all channels – digital and traditional – that tells the Foundation’s compelling story.
- Working closely with the Fund Development Officer to produce engaging material for prospective and existing donors, including donor recognition initiatives.
- Developing and overseeing an annual media relations plan, including a social media strategy, to promote awareness.
- Preparing promotional materials for external and internal stakeholders, and keeping information touch points up to date.
- Engaging with grant recipients and donors to build mutually rewarding promotional relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations or journalism, or several years of direct experience in the promotions and communications fields.
- Experience in non-profit organizations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects under time constraints.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to spot a story and know how to tell it.
- Understanding of the arts and heritage communities in Canada, particularly the Ukrainian Canadian community.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian language is an asset.
How to apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter & salary expectations to [email protected]
The position can be filled by a candidate willing to work remotely in any Canadian city.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.