BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Call for Applications
The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko (TSF) is a national, chartered philanthropic institution that manages an investment portfolio of over $50 million. In the last fiscal year, TSF allocated nearly $500,000 in grants and provided over $110,000 in sponsorships of cultural events and community media.
- Strengthen the Ukrainian community in Canada;
- Enrich the Canadian experience with the beauty, passion and diversity of Ukrainian Canadian culture.
TSF is seeking to recruit up to four Board members by June 2024.
Board members are leaders from the nonprofit and/or for-profit sector who are dedicated to the TSF mission, vision, values, and principles. They act in a position of trust for the community, commit to responsible effective governance, and promote excellence.
Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for TSF, and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary to advance our mission. This is facilitated by a broad knowledge of the Ukrainian community across Canada and an appreciation and understanding of the contribution of Ukrainian Canadian culture to Canada.
- Apply professional and/or volunteer financial, legal, cultural, business, governance, or entrepreneurial skills and experience to help guide TSF to achieve its mission;
- Contribute to the Board’s work in overseeing, monitoring and evaluating operations, including fundraising and financial management;
- Collaborate on the assessment and disbursement of grants awarded by the Foundation;
- Attend all Board meetings and Annual General Meetings, including two in-person meetings and monthly virtual meetings;
- Participate on Board Committees;
- Represent the Foundation at special events as needed.
Appointments to the Board are for three years.
TSF embraces multiple points of view and perspectives, and is committed to equality, gender balance, regional representation, and inclusiveness.
If you are interested in being considered for appointment to the Board of Directors, please submit a completed Board Member Application by March 1, 2024, to: Nominating Committee Chair, UCFTS, 202-952 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB R2W 3P4, or email email@example.com
Applications are available at www.shevchenkofoundation.com or by calling 1-866-524-5314.
The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko is a national philanthropic institution dedicated to the preservation, promotion and development of the Ukrainian Canadian cultural heritage. Join our team to help build a strong community for future generations!
We are seeking a results-driven administrative professional with a demonstrated high standard of work excellence to fill the position of:
Location – Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Officer, is a key member of a small, dedicated team that works to strengthen the Ukrainian community and the Ukrainian identity in Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as point of contact to receive all incoming phone calls and monitor the Foundation’s general email account; fielding inquiries and forwarding them as appropriate.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and packages; arranging for delivery and pick-up of packages.
- Purchasing office supplies and office equipment for all staff in accordance with the Foundation’s purchasing policies and budget; tracking inventory and receipting of online orders.
- Processing all invoices and collaborating with the Executive Director and Finance Officer to complete payments and issue cheques.
- Organizing and overseeing records management, filing, and other administrative systems.
- Maintaining contact databases and distribution lists; processing donations and issuing income tax receipts.
- Coordinating, preparing, and serving as Recording Secretary at all Board meetings as well as committee meetings as required; preparing, maintaining and securing all Board/committee minutes.
- Assisting with planning, preparation, and onsite support for Foundation-sponsored community meetings and events.
- Providing support and collaboration with other team members as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum three years’ experience as an office administrator, preferably with a non-profit or foundation and volunteer Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian Canadian community, with experience working within the community an asset.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365, with a minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate in Ukrainian an asset.
- Experience with database systems and software platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- A professional, flexible, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel as required.
The work week for this position is 32 hours. The hourly rate is $24 and includes employee benefits, paid vacation and flexibility with scheduling workdays.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Image by Al Klymochko