Call for Applications to Board of Directors
The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko (TSF) is a national, chartered philanthropic institution that manages an investment portfolio surpassing $54 million. In the last fiscal year, TSF allocated more than $500,000 in grants and provided over $55,000 in sponsorships of cultural events and community media.
- Strengthen the Ukrainian community in Canada;
- Enrich the Canadian experience with the beauty, passion, and diversity of Ukrainian Canadian culture.
TSF is seeking to recruit up to three Board members by June 2023.
Board members are leaders from the nonprofit and/or for-profit sector who are dedicated to the TSF mission, vision, values, and principles. They act in a position of trust for the community, commit to responsible effective governance, and promote excellence.
Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for TSF, and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary to advance our mission. This is facilitated by a broad knowledge of the Ukrainian community across Canada and an appreciation and understanding of the contribution of Ukrainian Canadian culture to Canada.
- Apply professional and/or volunteer financial, legal, cultural, business, governance, or entrepreneurial skills and experience to help guide TSF to achieve its mission;
- Contribute to the Board’s work in overseeing, monitoring and evaluating operations, including fundraising and financial management;
- Collaborate on the assessment and disbursement of grants awarded by the Foundation;
- Attend all Board meetings and Annual General Meetings, including two in-person meetings and monthly virtual meetings;
- Participate on Board Committees;
- Represent the Foundation at special events as needed.
Appointments to the Board are for three years.
TSF embraces multiple points of view and perspectives. TSF is committed to equality, gender balance, regional representation, and inclusiveness.
If you are interested in being considered for appointment to the Board of Directors, please submit a completed Board Member Application by March 1, 2023.
Nominating Committee Chair, UCFTS, 202-952 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB R2W 3P4
By E-mail: [email protected]
CLICK HERE to download the application or call 1-866-524-5314.