The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko is a national philanthropic institution dedicated to the preservation, promotion and development of the Ukrainian Canadian cultural heritage. Join our team to help build a strong community for future generations!
We are seeking a results-driven administrative professional with a demonstrated high standard of work excellence to fill the position of:
Location – Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator, is a key member of a small, dedicated team that works to strengthen the Ukrainian community and the Ukrainian identity in Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as point of contact to receive all incoming phone calls and monitor the Foundation’s general email account; fielding inquiries and forwarding them as appropriate.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and packages; arranging for delivery and pick-up of packages.
- Purchasing office supplies and office equipment for all staff in accordance with the Foundation’s purchasing policies and budget; tracking inventory and receipting of online orders.
- Processing all invoices and collaborating with the Executive Director and Finance Officer to complete payments and issue cheques.
- Organizing and overseeing records management, filing, and other administrative systems.
- Maintaining contact databases and distribution lists; processing donations and issuing income tax receipts.
- Coordinating, preparing, and serving as Recording Secretary at all Board meetings as well as committee meetings as required; preparing, maintaining and securing all Board and Committee minutes.
- Assisting with planning, preparation, and onsite support for Foundation-sponsored community meetings and events.
- Providing support and collaboration with other team members as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum three years experience as an Office Administrator, preferably with a non-profit or foundation and volunteer Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian Canadian community, with experience working within the community an asset.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365, with a minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate in Ukrainian an asset.
- Experience with database systems and software platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- A professional, flexible, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel as required.
The position is for a 32-hour work week. The hourly rate is $24 and includes employee benefits, paid vacation and flexibility with scheduling workdays. The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.